List Price: $61.95
Sale Price: $45.78
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
Design or build a battery-powered electric bicycleFor much of the world, bicycles are a transportation mainstay. Electric bicycles--powered by a rechargeable battery pack--are proven to deliver the highest possible energy efficiency, even compared to pedal bikes. A transportation alternative to fossil fuels, electric bicycles are fast catching on, in part because they don't require factory assembly. End-users can easily construct them with available components.The text reveals important techniques, data, and examples that allow readers to judge various propulsion setups--used in both home- and factory-made bikes--and estimate speed and travel distance for each. Numerous charts clearly present the costs, benefits, and trade-offs between both commercial and user-converted models.Key features include:Estimating motor-performance for wind, hill, and cruising power requirementsEstimating battery capacity and a thorough description of battery chargingMotor and motor-control optionsEvaluating motor-to-wheel coupling optionsPlacement of propulsion componentsConfigurations and performanceHow systems-engineering techniques can produce electric-bicycle designs that have long travel range and low life-cycle costTestingDevelopments to watchA comprehensive resource for harnessing innovation, Electric Bicycles is the definitive practical guide to taking full advantage of this exciting alternative energy technology.
No features available.
- Electric Bicycle Conversion Kit Installation – Made Simple (How to Design, Choose, Install and Use an e-Bike Kit)
- Skateboarder’s Start-Up: A Beginner’s Guide to Skateboarding (Start-Up Sports series)
- Ezip RMB Switch for Currie, Ezip & Izip Electric Bicycles
- The Beginner’s Complete Karting Guide
- Every Woman’s Guide to Cycling: Everything You Need to Know, From Buying Your First Bike toWinning Your First Race